KU Powwow & Indigenous Cultures Festival—Saturday, April 6
KU Powwow & Indigenous Cultures Festival
Join us for this free, family-friendly event!
Saturday | APR 6 | starting at 11:00 am at the Lied CenterFree and open to the public
KU’s First Nations Student Association and the Lied Center would like to cordially invite you to the KU Powwow and Indigenous Cultures Festival on Saturday, April 6. The festivities will begin at 11:00 am. This is a free event with traditional powwow activities, as well as educational workshops, engaging speakers, indigenous films and children’s activities. Regional indigenous artists and craftspeople will have items for sale, and indigenous food will be available to purchase throughout the day. Learn more...
- 11:00 am – FNSA Tipi unveiling
- 11:30 am – Mural unveiling
- Noon & 5:00 pm – Powwow 101 sessions
- Noon–5:00 pm – Children’s activities
- 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm – Grand Entry
- 1:30 pm–4:00 pm – Educational seminars
- 4:00 pm – “Identity by Design” inspired by Smithsonian NMAI
- 7:00 pm – Indigenous film festival